Job Title: Head Coach
Location: Chaoyang District, Beijing, China
Duration: 1 Year contract with possibility for further extension
Start Date: December 1st, 2016
To develop, coordinate and deliver a high quality hockey program at hockey club, which increases the number of new skaters, develops current player performance, and delivers one of a kind unique programming.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead daily training to include: strength and conditioning, on-ice technical skill development, and tactical strategy implementation.
- Oversee new player recruitment and current player selection process
- Create a positive and enthusiastic learning environment
- Ensure safety of all team members and coaches as a top priority at all times
- Ensure training equipment is safe for use and inform management of damage or need for replacements
- Represent the team in a professional manner at all times – in daily life and in the community
- Design and implement practice plans and training schedules
- Work with assistant coaches to coordinate practices and games
- Work collaboratively with team management and administrators to develop and achieve program priorities
- Maintain team’s positive community standing
Required Skills & Competencies:
- Demonstrates strong leadership qualities and an ability to delegate effectively
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and excellent organizational skills
- Creative and resourceful in communicating with children and parents
- Open minded and sensitive to cultural differences
- Highly adaptable and resilient with a positive, solutions oriented attitude
- Self-motivated with the ability to enthuse a wide range of participants, including players, coaches, parents, and team management.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage young children effectively
- Ability and willingness to work outside normal hours, including weekends.
- Basic Chinese language skills and understanding of Chinese customs and culture
- Experience working in a foreign country and language
- Hockey Canada Certified – or equivalent level of experience.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university (required for work visa).
- Minimum 2 years work experience in a hockey related field (required for work visa)
- Minimum 5 years experience coaching youth hockey team in paid or voluntary capacity in a club setting
- Experience in youth sports/hockey program development
- Management experience
- Work experience in other settings including schools, clubs, community or training facilities.
- Salary: CNY 240,000-300,000/ year
- Flights: CNY 10,000/ year
- Accommodation: CNY 6,000/ month
- International Medical Insurance: YES
- Equipment: Club clothing provided
Email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.
Contact us for more information: